2013年7月30日星期二

Joe’s Jeans atones for past sins with a winter-worthy platform sandal


I piled on to Joe’s Jeans pretty hard last week over a wedged boat shoe, and I still think the brand deserved it. Now, though, they’ve come out with something to distract me from past footwear blasphemy on their part: the Joe’s Jeans Princess Suede Wedge.
This shoe skews very contemporary and will likely appeal to a very particular subset of consumers, of which I am definitely a part. Sandals are a hard sell when temperatures turn colder, but a generous helping of draped suede set against a black heel has me utterly unconcerned about approached weather issues.

Joes Jeans Princess Suede Platform Wedges Joes Jeans atones for past sins with a winter worthy platform sandal
My first instinct was that these shoes are begging to be layered. Fall is all about mixing textures and colors, and sporting these over a pair of, say, magenta or purple tights gives this or any other pair of suede sandals a long life past fall’s official beginning in about a week. The black version will work best for some people, but I like the mixture of grey and black as a way to keep from falling into a black shoe rut with so many motorcycle and work boots on store shelves this winter.

没有评论:

发表评论